I’ve been really into toast lately for breakfast – with a side of smoked salmon, of course.
I like to have variety when it comes to my toasts at breakfast time. I usually always have one topped with mashed avocado and sprinkled with sea salt, but I always mix things up for the other one – sometimes cottage cheese, other times one of these jams.
I grew up eating toast with butter and raspberry jam – usually topped with extra old, sharp cheddar cheese (if you haven’t tried the combo, you must!)
Jam has and always will be one of my favourite things. It’s such a simple way to make a plain piece of toast exciting, you know?
But, as always, I enjoy making my own version of things, even jam!
So I’ve created 3 different jam recipes for you! All requiring only 3 ingredients (and 1 of those 3 is optional!)
You can enjoy these jams just as you would any other jam – spread on toast, swirled into a bowl of cottage cheese, pooled onto a bowl of chia seed pudding, or however your heart desires!
You may even want to eat this jam straight from the jar! Whatever tickles your fancy. I won’t judge you if you start eating this jam by the spoonful with the refrigerator door still propped open. It’s truly that good and simple enough to make over and over again.
3 Ingredient Chia Seed Jam – 3 Ways
- 2 cups frozen fruit (either strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Liquid stevia (optional)
- Pour your 2 cups of frozen fruit into a bowl.
- Defrost in the microwave until the fruit is soft, but still whole and formed.
- With a fork, mash the fruit in the bowl. The fruit should be mashed, but not pureed. It’s okay if it’s chunky. I prefer it this way.
- Next, add 1 tbsp chia seeds and stevia if you are using. If you are using stevia, add a very small amount as the fruit is sweet on its own, but the finished product will taste like “real jam” if you use stevia. I personally use just a small squirt of Now liquid stevia.
- Mix it all together, transfer to a mason jar, and allow it to sit overnight.
- Keep in the refrigerator and use within one week.
As always, if you make my recipes, share a picture of what you’re making on social media and tag me @iammegdoll so I can see what you’re making!