After sharing my homemade ketchup recipe with your last week, I couldn’t help but share my homemade mayo recipe with you this week!
And trust me, this is the best homemade mayo you will ever make.
Most homemade mayo recipes call for lemon juice, but I have discovered (after much experimentation) that lime juice is much less detectable than lemon juice, making this homemade mayo exactly how I remembered mayo to be. The perfect condiment.
Also, avocado oil is key. If you use olive oil, your mayo will most likely taste like olives, which is not what we want to happen.
I personally purchase my avocado oil from Costco. They have large bottles of Chosen Foods avocado oil for a very affordable price!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! My family and I usually make it once per week! It will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator in a sealed glass container.
The Best Homemade Mayo
Recipe Type: Condiment
An easy homemade mayo that you can literally whip up in just a couple of minutes!
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a tall glass jar.
- Submerge your immersion blender into the mixture, holding it to the bottom of the jar.
- While holding the immersion blender against the bottom of the jar, turn the immersion blender on.
- Allow the mixture to slowly thicken, as you also slowly pull the immersion blender up.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for later use.