Are you a ketchup person?
I wouldn’t consider myself to be a “ketchup person”, meaning I don’t smother everything in ketchup.
Buuuut ketchup is kind of a non-negotiable for me when it comes to a good burger. My burger needs ketchup on it.
My perfect burger includes: iceberg lettuce (as the bun. If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s the best!), a thiiiick slice of sweet onion, a nice juicy slice of tomato, mustard, homemade mayo (that recipe will come for you next week), and, of course, ketchup!
Having said that, now that it’s June (yay, birthday month!) and also grilling season, I thought it was the perfect time for me to share this recipe with you that I’ve been calling “Quickie Ketchup”!
I call it Quickie Ketchup because most real food ketchup recipes require cooking, but I usually don’t have time for that, so I created this super simple ketchup recipe that you can literally whip up in under a minute! Seriously. It’s that easy.
Aaaand it doesn’t call for any weird ingredients – you likely have them all on hand already!
I hope you enjoy this real food good-for-you ketchup recipe as much as I do!
Remember, if you make this recipe (or any of my other recipes!), share it on social media and tag me on Instagram @iammegdoll so I can see what you’re making!
Recipe Type: Condiment
A super simple real food ketchup recipe that tastes great and is good for you, too!
- 1 156ml can organic tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 5 – 10 drops liquid stevia
- Water to thin
- Mix all ingredients except for water together in a small bowl.
- Once all of the ingredients have been fully combined, slowly add a small amount of water. Stir and fully combine ingredients again.
- Continue to add small amounts of water until the consistency of ketchup is achieved.
- Use immediately/store in a resealable glass jar up to 1 week in the refrigerator.