First, let me say that I’m not even going to pretend this is a beautiful or attractive photo whatsoever, but do I even have to try to make this cookie dough look pretty? I know you’re already salivating, so let’s just get on to the recipe…
Second, I’ll let you know that I have been playing around with the idea of creating a “nourishing” cookie dough recipe for quite some time now and it just came together so perfectly for me today and immediately knew I had to share it with you!
What’s “nourishing cookie dough”?
Well, let’s get one thing straight – this isn’t actually “cookie dough”, but it mimics it enough to call it “cookie dough”.
But I am calling this “cookie dough” nourishing because of the ingredients in it:
I absolutely love sweet potatoes, especially Japanese sweet potatoes/yams (they are my all time favourite and are used in this recipe!) They are a real food carbohydrate, good source of vitamins and minerals, and are definitely my favourite carb source!
Sunflower seed butter
Sunflower seed butter is the perfect alternative to peanut butter, if you have an allergy. Although I love peanut butter, I think sunflower seed butter may just be my favourite nut/seed butter of them all! Sunflower seed butter contains protein, but is loaded with vitamin E. They are also a great source of magnesium, healthy fats, and used in the seed cycling protocol to support your hormones through the second half of your menstrual cycle.
100% cacao chocolate chips
These 100% cacao chocolate chips from Pascha are my favourite and totally make this “cookie dough” into the delicious snack that it is! What would cookie dough be without chocolate chips, am I right!? 100% dark chocolate is nutrient rich, too, which is why they are also included in this nourishing recipe!
So, whenever you want to show your body some love and satisfy your tastebuds, whip up this recipe! It literally only takes a couple of minutes!
As always, if you make my recipes and would like to share on social media, tag me on Instagram @megtherhn so I can see what you’re making!
- 1 cup mashed Japanese sweet potato (skin removed, flesh only)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 oz. 100% dark chocolate chips
- Gentle sprinkle of sea salt, to finish
- In a bowl, mash the sweet potato and sunflower seed butter together until fully combined.
- Pour chocolate chips on top and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until the chocolate chips are slightly softened, but not melted.
- FOLD (do not stir) the chocolate chips into the sweet potato mixture to combine.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt to finish and enjoy!