When I love something this much, I have to share it with you, which is why I am blogging on a Sunday and writing out this recipe for you!
For the past week or so, I’ve been enjoying one of these every single day and every single time I find myself thinking, “I really need to share this recipe on the blog!”
So here I am, sharing this super easy three ingredient dairy-free hot chocolate recipe with you! And I may be biased, but I truly do think it’s the best real-food ingredient hot chocolate you’ll ever try!
This winter has been long, but I think this hot chocolate recipe will lighten it up somewhat for you if you’ve also been feeling like this winter has been long.
The good news is the days are getting longer once again now, and it’s no longer dark outside when I begin prepping food for dinner. But regardless of the time of year, I am sure you’ll enjoy this hot chocolate recipe! I know I will likely be drinking it year round, too!
I have another recipe for hot chocolate, which I call Nourishing Hot Chocolate. I still love that recipe and it’s referred to as nourishing for good reason! There are special ingredients in it that amp up it’s nourishing qualities and health benefits! But if you’re on the lookout for something super simple, but ridiculously delicious, today’s recipe is exactly what you need!
As always, if you try and love my recipes, please share them with your friends! If you do share on social media, be sure to tag me @megtherhn on Instagram so I can see your posts and connect with you! I always love seeing you make and enjoy my recipes!
The Best 3 Ingredient Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate
A delicious dairy-free hot chocolate recipe that you can whip up within minutes!
- 12 oz. unsweetened nut milk of choice (or however many ounces can fit into your favourite mug! My personal favourite nut milk to use for this recipe is cashew.)
- 1 heaping spoonful raw cacao powder (cacao powder contains more nutrients than cocoa powder)
- Sweetener of choice (honey, liquid stevia, or 2 – 3 soaked dates are my favourite options!)
- Fill your mug up with nut milk of your choice, then pour it into a pot. Then add cacao powder and your sweetener to the pot and place on the stove over medium high heat.
- Whisk all ingredients together with a whisk, or use an immersion blender if you’re using soaked dates as your sweetener.
- Once the hot chocolate mixture is well whisked together or fully blended and smooth, continue to heat over medium high until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat, carefully transfer to your mug, and enjoy!