I have already professed my love for eggs to you in a previous post where I shared my favourite way to make scrambled eggs (aka the recipe for the best scrambled eggs you will ever have!)
Today, we’re still talking about eggs, but soft boiled eggs instead!
I’ve been making these soft boiled eggs a lot lately. They’re a fun change from scrambled eggs and every time I share a picture of these eggs with you on Instagram, I get several requests to share my method of how I make these perfect soft boiled eggs.
Personally, I think the perfect soft boiled egg still has somewhat of a runny yolk, but the white is fully cooked and the yolk isn’t so runny that it runs all over your plate once you cut it open. The egg I’m describing to you as being my “perfect soft boiled egg” is also known as a jammy egg, which sounds even more fun!
So, here’s how I make the perfect soft boiled or “jammy” egg!
- Place a pot of water over high heat.
- Allow the water to come to a boil.
- With a spoon, gently set your eggs into the boiling water.
- Immediately set your timer for 8 minutes.
- Allow the eggs to boil for 8 minutes and then immediately remove the pot from the heat, pour the hot water into your sink, and begin running the eggs under cold water.
- The eggs will be perfectly cooked. To serve, begin cracking the egg by gentle tapping the bottom of the egg against a hard surface, such as your countertop. Peel the shell off and serve.