When it comes to summer garden veggies, cucumber are hands down my favourite!
Of course, the most common way to eat a cucumber is in it’s raw form, however, my digestion prefers cooked foods over raw, so I wanted to play around with some cooked cucumber recipes!
I will admit, the first time I thought about cooking a cucumber, I was a little turned off, but I’m so happy I experimented anyway because these sautéed cucumbers are absolutely delicious and such a nice change if you’re used to only ever enjoying them raw!
I called this recipe “Simple Sautéed Cucumbers” because I’m sure I’ll post another variation or two once I play around with cooking cucumbers a little more, but I wanted to share this simple recipe with you to show you how easy it is to sautée this veg and create a delicious summer side dish in no time at all!
Feel free to add spices or herbs if you’d like, but sea salt alone was satisfying enough for me!
Simple Sautéed Cucumbers
Recipe Type: Side dish
A unique way to enjoy cucumbers!
- 1 garden cucumber, sliced fairly thin
- 1 tbsp cooking fat (ghee, butter, coconut oil, lard, etc.)
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the cooking fat.
- Add the cucumbers and toss around to coat in the melted cooking fat. Season with sea salt.
- Allow the cucumbers to cook until they become golden brown on one side, then flip them and allow them to turn golden on the other side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Have you tried cooking cucumbers before? What is your favourite way to eat cucumber?