This chia pudding recipe was kind of made by accident.
I had no intention to create a chia pudding that tasted like a chocolate macaroon, but, as I was a few spoonfuls in, I realized, “Hey! This tastes exactly like a chocolate macaroon!”
And by exactly, I mean if that chocolate macaroon were in chia pudding form. Which, in this case, it is!
So, here you go: my recipe for Chocolate Macaroon Chia Pudding!
Although this isn’t the most adventurous chia pudding flavour combination I will be sharing with you, it’s one of my favourites and, therefore, one I find myself having most often, actually.
It’s so easy, the texture is on point, and I love the flavours of chocolate and coconut together.
I like serving this with more cacao or grated dark chocolate on top, along with more shredded coconut for good measure.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
And I hope you’re loving these chia pudding recipes as much as I am because there’s many more to come!
Chocolate Macaroon Chia Pudding
A chia pudding that tastes just like a chocolate macaroon!
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, from the call (I use Aroy-D)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 5 drops liquid stevia (I use NuNaturals)
- 1 tiny pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (I prefer the Let’s Do Organic brand)
- In a glass jar with a lid, combine coconut milk, water, chia seeds, cacao, liquid stevia, and sea salt together.
- With a spoon, swirl all ingredients together until fully combined.
- Tighten the lid on the jar and shake, then allow the chia seeds to sit and absorb the liquid for a minute before shaking again. Repeat this process a few more times before placing in the fridge (allow the mixture to sit for at least 30 minutes, but it’s best if you leave it overnight).
- Before you’re ready to serve, add the shredded coconut to the chia pudding, mixing it around to make sure it’s evenly distributed in the chia pudding.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and enjoy as is or top with extra goodies like dark chocolate and additional shredded coconut!
Last week on Instagram, I asked which chia pudding recipe you’d like me to share first: Chocolate Macaroon or Key Lime Pie. It was such a close vote, but Chocolate Macaroon ended up winning! Next week I’ll be sharing my recipe for Key Lime Pie Chia Pudding with you!