After a month of being away from home, it sure feels nice to be back in my kitchen cooking!
Last night I made my boyfriend and I a meal that he says was “the best chicken I’ve ever made”. When I make something this good, I have a hard time not sharing it with you! But before we get to the recipe, can we talk about something I love even more than this chicken!?
Last night was the season premiere of season 6 of my all time favourite TV series, Suits. To give you an idea of just how much I love this series, you should know I haven’t even made it through Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones – I’m just not interested in TV that much. In fact, we don’t even have cable, so I really am not a TV-watching-girl. But put some good looking dudes in suits and you’ve got me hooked! I binge watched the entire first season in a day.
In other words, last night was “date night” in our house, dinner and the newest episode of Suits, which is why I made this fancy chicken dinner for my guy and I…
… because if the new episode of Suits wasn’t making him excited, I knew this chicken would!
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 12 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat
- While ghee is melting, blot chicken dry with a paper towel
- When the ghee is melted and the skillet is hot, place 6 of the chicken thighs skin-side down in the skillet
- Season thighs with sea salt and garlic powder
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, prep a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper
- After 10 minutes, remove chicken from the skillet and transfer to the lined baking sheet, skin-side up. The skin should be very crispy.
- Repeat the process with the remaining 6 thighs.
- When the second batch is done frying in the skillet for 10 minutes and has been transferred to the baking sheet, place all of the chicken thighs in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F