I live with my boyfriend, but I pretty much do all of the cooking. Which, I am totally not complaining about because there’s not much else I love as much as having the kitchen to myself and creating new dishes!
Just the other day we were at the grocery store together, my boyfriend and I, and I asked him how he wanted me to prepare the chicken breasts I had thawing for dinner that night. As I waited for his response, I noticed some gorgeous asparagus right in front of me. Instantly, I wanted chicken and asparagus. So, I asked him if he’d like chicken wrapped in bacon. Obviously I knew I didn’t even have to ask. Will he ever turn down food wrapped in bacon? No. So, I was in luck. I planned to stuff the chicken breasts with asparagus and wrap them in bacon. He got his bacon and I got my asparagus. Win, win!
I didn’t plan to post this recipe as I literally just threw it together without much of a plan at all, but after I posted a picture of our meal on Instagram, I received so many comments asking for the recipe, so here it is! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 asparagus spears
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, begin preparing chicken by making a slit into its centre along its side, creating enough space to wedge 2 asparagus spears in.
- When the slit has been made, slide the 2 asparagus spears into each of the chicken breasts.
- Wrap the chicken breasts in bacon and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breast reads 160 degrees F.