I think sweet and sour meatballs is the perfect entree paired with rice as a side dish. So, as I was making the meatballs and the sauce, I riced some cauliflower in my Breville All In One food processor to make my recipe for Cauliflower Rice, but I realized, all of my elements were in use, so stove top cauliflower rice wasn’t an option. Then the best idea I’ve had in a while hit me – oven baked cauliflower rice!
So, I lined a baking sheet, spread the cauliflower rice evenly across the baking sheet, seasoned it, and baked it until tender and slightly golden! When I pulled it out from the oven, I had the most nuttiest, rice-like cauliflower rice ever and I knew this recipe was a game changer. I don’t know if I will ever make stop top cauliflower rice ever again!
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into small florets
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Meanwhile, rice cauliflower in your food processor.
- Once riced, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread riced cauliflower evenly across lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when tender and edges are starting to turn golden brown or turn oven onto broil for 1 – 2 minutes to slightly brown all rice pieces.
- Serve immediately with your favourite side dish.