I can’t believe it’s the last week of the 2018 #SeptSoupChallenge already! This month absolutely flew by and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed having soup (almost) every day for the entire month of September! I would have had soup every day for the entire month, but travelling for the last half of the month made it a little difficult! Oh well, once I’m back home, I will also be back to my freezer filled with Osso Good Bones bone broth and will happily be back to my soup making self! Who knows, maybe I will continue to share soup recipes once October hits? Having said that, I think I have another challenge idea up my sleeve… So, stay tuned!
For those of you who participated in the 2018 #SeptSoupChallenge, thank you! A winner will be announced on October 1st and they will receive a box of my favourite bone broths from Osso Good Bones! I am so excited to see who the winner will be!
If you have not yet participated in the challenge, there’s still time to enter for your chance to win!
All you have to do is post a picture of the soups you eat throughout the month of September, tag me @megtherhn, and use the hashtag #SeptSoupChallenge so I can see your posts! Each post is an entry for the giveaway!
In addition to the challenge, I hope you’ve been enjoying my soup recipes, too! This week’s recipe is no short of amazing!
This recipe is a result of some ingredients in my fridge that I had to use up before leaving on my travels – coconut milk, farmers market kale, and cod. I thought the sounds of a creamy kale soup with cod sounded amazing, so that’s exactly what I made and it turned out perfectly!
If you don’t have cod on hand, you can use any type of whitefish! However, salmon would be delicious, too!
Be adventurous! Have fun! Make this recipe!
- 1 cup bone broth (I used Osso Good Bones Chicken flavour)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk from the can (my favourite brand is Aroy-D)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 loosely packed cups chopped kale
- 4 oz. cod, cut into bite sized pieces
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place the first four ingredients in a pot and place it over medium high heat.
- Bring to a simmer and allow the kale to become tender. Season with sea salt.
- Add the cod and allow the cod to cook for a few minutes.
- When the cod is flakey and cooked through, remove soup from heat, transfer to your serving bowl, and enjoy!