I thought that with a new month (happy August, by the way!), I would maybe change up my Monday recipes from being something other than chia pudding recipes, as I’ve been on a chia pudding recipe sharing streak for the past five weeks.
However, so many of you have been loving these chia pudding recipes and sharing your pictures with me – and I love seeing your creations! Hearing from you and seeing your pictures makes me so incredibly happy!
And I actually have a lot more chia pudding recipes to share with you, so why stop!? I’m loving them. You’re loving them. So let’s keep the chia pudding love going throughout the month of August, too!
Honestly, I find chia pudding bowls just so incredibly satisfying and perfect for these hot summer months, too.
My body personally thrives off of an abundance of healthy fats, which is what each chia pudding delivers as my chia puddings are all made with full fat coconut milk, 3 tbsp chia seeds, and usually more healthy fat as a topping!
Today’s featured chia pudding recipe is really abundant in healthy fats and I am so excited to be sharing it with you today because I’ve been keeping it to myself for weeks now and have been feeling pretty selfish doing so because it’s so good!
The recipe pictured and shared with you below calls for a chocolate chia pudding base, however, you can make a vanilla chia pudding base if you prefer! Either work and taste incredible when paired with this chocolate magic shell!
If you haven’t yet made a chocolate magic shell, let me warn you:
Your mind will likely be blown.
Even my boyfriend couldn’t believe how delicious it was!
It truthfully tastes just like the chocolate-y shells your soft serve would be coated in from your favourite ice cream store, but remember: it’s made with coconut oil, which is an incredible healthy fat that supports your mental and brain health, blood sugar levels, hormones, and more!
Have fun with this recipe and don’t forget to tag me in your posts on social media if you ever make one of my recipes or a chia pudding bowl of your own!
Chia Pudding with Chocolate Magic Shell
A creamy chia pudding covered in a delicious chocolate magic shell!
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, from a can (Aroy-D is my favourite brand)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 heaping spoonful cacao powder
- Stevia, to taste (NuNaturals is my favourite brand)
- 1 heaping spoonful coconut oil
- 1 heaping spoonful cacao powder
- Stevia, to taste
- For the chia pudding: In a glass jar with a lid, combine the first five ingredients together (coconut milk, water, chia seeds, cacao, and stevia). Stir to combine. Stir frequently for several minutes, ensuring all of the chia seeds are equally distributed within the coconut milk and no longer sinking to the bottom.
- Once the chia seeds are all equally dispersed in the liquid, tighten the lid, and place in the fridge overnight.
- Just before you are ready to serve, transfer your chia pudding into a serving bowl. You can either leave it as is while you prepare the magic shell, or place back in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
- To make the magic shell: In a glass bowl, add the spoonful of coconut oil and cacao powder. Then, add a couple drops of stevia to sweeten.
- Heat in microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until the coconut oil has completely melted.
- Stir all ingredients together, tasting to see if you need more stevia.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour the coconut oil mixture over the chia pudding. It will harden almost immediately.
- Enjoy as is or top with fresh berries! I enjoyed serving mine with raspberries from our garden!
To make a vanilla chia pudding instead of a chocolate chia pudding as your base, omit the cacao powder and add vanilla. NuNaturals has a delicious vanilla flavoured stevia that I like to use! You can also omit the stevia as I do find coconut milk naturally sweet and it may provide you with enough sweetness, especially since this chia pudding is covered with a sweet chocolate magic shell!